The Sennheiser MKE 400 Mobile Kit is designed to enhance the audio quality of your mobile content creation, making it an essential tool for vloggers, content creators, and mobile filmmakers. Let’s dive into the details of this versatile microphone kit.
- Microphone Type: Shotgun
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -34 dBV/Pa (at 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >70 dB
- Power Source: 2 x AAA Batteries
- Battery Life: Approx. 100 hours
- Weight: 60g (2.11 oz)
- Dimensions: 130 x 21 x 62 mm (5.12 x 0.83 x 2.44 in)
Pros and Cons:
- Enhanced Sound Quality: The supercardioid polar pattern effectively captures targeted audio while minimizing background noise.
- Compact and Lightweight: The MKE 400 is incredibly portable, making it an excellent companion for on-the-go content creators.
- Versatile Mounting Options: The included shock mount and 3.5mm TRS/TRRS coiled cable provide flexible mounting options for various devices.
- Long Battery Life: With up to 100 hours of battery life, you can focus on creating content without worrying about frequent battery replacements.
- AAA Batteries Required: While the battery life is excellent, some users may prefer a rechargeable option for convenience.
- No Windscreen Included: In windy conditions, an additional windscreen may be needed to further reduce unwanted noise.
Overall Rating: 4.8/5
- Rode VideoMicro: A popular compact shotgun microphone known for its high-quality audio recording capabilities.
- Shure VP83 LensHopper: Offers professional-grade audio capture with a highly directional supercardioid pickup pattern.
- Sony ECM-GZ1M Zoom Microphone: Designed for Sony cameras, this compact microphone provides clear audio recording for video.
The Sennheiser MKE 400 Mobile Kit is a powerful tool for improving the audio quality of your mobile content. Its compact size, excellent directional capabilities, and long battery life make it a standout choice for content creators looking to elevate their audio recording capabilities.
Q: Can I use the MKE 400 with a smartphone and a DSLR camera?
A: Yes, the MKE 400 comes with a coiled cable that can be connected to both smartphones and DSLR cameras equipped with a 3.5mm microphone jack.
Q: Is the MKE 400 suitable for outdoor use?
A: Yes, the supercardioid polar pattern helps to minimize ambient noise, making it suitable for outdoor recording. However, a windscreen may be necessary in windy conditions.
Q: Does the MKE 400 require any additional setup or configuration?
A: No, the MKE 400 is designed for easy plug-and-play operation. Simply connect it to your device, and you’re ready to start recording.