The Sennheiser MKE 200 Mobile Kit is a compact and versatile microphone kit designed to enhance the audio quality of your mobile content creation. Whether you’re a vlogger, content creator, or mobile filmmaker, this kit provides professional-grade audio recording in a portable package. Let’s delve into the specifications, pros, cons, and more.
- Microphone Type: Directional Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz – 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -33 dBV/Pa (at 1 kHz)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >70 dB
- Weight: 48g (1.69 oz)
- Dimensions: 69 x 60 x 39 mm (2.72 x 2.36 x 1.54 in)
- Output: 3.5 mm TRS (Tip-Ring-Sleeve)
Pros and Cons:
- Enhanced Sound Quality: The supercardioid polar pattern effectively captures targeted audio while minimizing background noise.
- Compact and Lightweight: Weighing in at just 48g, the MKE 200 is incredibly portable and won’t add unnecessary bulk to your setup.
- Shock Mount Design: The integrated shock mount minimizes handling noise, ensuring clean and clear audio recordings.
- No Batteries Required: The MKE 200 is powered directly from your recording device, eliminating the need for batteries.
- Limited Wind Protection: In windy conditions, an additional windscreen may be needed for optimal audio quality.
- Single Directional Pattern: While effective for targeted audio capture, a single supercardioid pattern may not be suitable for all recording situations.
Overall Rating: 4.7/5
- Rode VideoMicro: A compact and versatile shotgun microphone known for its high-quality audio recording capabilities.
- Shure MV88+ Video Kit: Offers a range of versatile audio recording options and comes with a dedicated app for customization.
- Deity V-Mic D3 Pro: A professional-grade microphone with a host of features including stepless gain adjustment and low-cut filters.
The Sennheiser MKE 200 Mobile Kit is an excellent choice for content creators seeking to improve their audio recording quality. Its compact design, superb directional capabilities, and shock mount make it a valuable addition to any mobile content creation kit.
Q: Can I use the MKE 200 with my smartphone and DSLR camera?
A: Yes, the MKE 200 is equipped with a 3.5mm TRS connector, allowing it to be used with a wide range of recording devices, including smartphones and DSLR cameras.
Q: Does the MKE 200 require batteries?
A: No, the MKE 200 is powered directly from your recording device, so no additional batteries are needed.
Q: Is the MKE 200 suitable for outdoor use?
A: Yes, the supercardioid polar pattern helps to minimize ambient noise, making it suitable for outdoor recording. However, a windscreen may be necessary in windy conditions.