The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro is a renowned studio headphone that has garnered a reputation for its exceptional audio quality and comfort. In this in-depth review, we will explore the specifications, highlight the pros and cons, assign an overall rating, suggest similar products, and address frequently asked questions about the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro.
- Type: Closed-back, Over-ear
- Frequency Response: 5Hz – 35kHz
- Impedance: 32, 80, or 250 ohms (depending on the version)
- Sensitivity: 96dB
- Weight: 270g (9.5 oz)
- Cable Length: 3m (9.8ft), coiled
- Connector: 3.5mm jack with 1/4″ adapter
Pros and Cons:
- Outstanding Sound Reproduction: The DT 770 Pro delivers a balanced and accurate sound profile, making it an excellent choice for professional audio work.
- Exceptional Comfort: The plush earpads and adjustable headband ensure long-lasting comfort, even during extended listening sessions.
- Durable Build: Constructed with high-quality materials, the headphones are built to withstand the rigors of studio use.
- Noise Isolation: The closed-back design effectively isolates external noise, allowing for focused listening.
- Various Impedance Options: With 32, 80, and 250 ohm versions available, users can choose the impedance that best suits their audio setup.
- Non-detachable Cable: Unlike some other models, the DT 770 Pro features a non-detachable cable, which may be a drawback for some users.
- Bulky Design for Outdoor Use: Due to their size and coiled cable, these headphones are less portable and more suited for studio or home use.
Overall Rating: 4.7/5
The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro stands as a testament to the brand’s commitment to delivering high-fidelity audio and comfort for professional and audiophile users alike.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x: Renowned in the audio industry, the ATH-M50x offers a similar level of audio precision and comfort, making it a strong contender.
- Sennheiser HD 600: Known for their reference-grade audio quality, the Sennheiser HD 600 headphones are a popular choice among audiophiles and professionals.
- Sony MDR-7506: A staple in recording studios, the MDR-7506 provides accurate audio reproduction and a foldable design for increased portability.
The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro exemplifies studio-grade audio quality, making it an excellent choice for audio professionals and enthusiasts seeking accurate and detailed sound reproduction.
Q1. Can the earpads be replaced on the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro?
Yes, the earpads on the DT 770 Pro are replaceable, allowing users to extend the lifespan of their headphones.
Q2. Are these headphones suitable for mixing and mastering in a studio environment?
Absolutely, the DT 770 Pro’s accurate sound profile and closed-back design make them an excellent choice for critical studio work.
Q3. Is an amplifier necessary to drive the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro?
While the lower impedance versions (32 ohms) can be driven by portable devices, higher impedance versions may benefit from an amplifier for optimal performance.
You Might Also Like These: