The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X is a testament to the brand’s commitment to delivering high-fidelity audio experiences. In this comprehensive review, we will explore the specifications, outline the pros and cons, provide an overall rating, suggest similar products, and address frequently asked questions about the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X.
- Type: Open-back, Over-ear
- Driver Size: 53mm
- Frequency Response: 5Hz – 30kHz
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Sensitivity: 100dB
- Weight: 265g (9.3 oz)
- Cable Length: 3m (9.8ft)
- Connector: 3.5mm jack with 1/4″ adapter
Pros and Cons:
- Expansive Soundstage: The ATH-AD700X provides an open, spacious soundstage, immersing the listener in a three-dimensional audio experience.
- Natural and Detailed Sound: With precise imaging and excellent instrument separation, these headphones offer an accurate representation of the source audio.
- Comfortable Design: The self-adjusting 3D wing support and velour earpads ensure a comfortable fit, even during long listening sessions.
- Lightweight Construction: Weighing only 265g, these headphones are remarkably lightweight, reducing strain on the neck and head.
- Durable Build: The headphones are constructed with quality materials, ensuring longevity even with regular use.
- Lack of Bass Impact: While the ATH-AD700X excels in mid and high frequencies, it may not provide the same level of bass impact as some closed-back models.
- Sound Leakage: Due to their open-back design, sound leakage is inevitable, which may not be ideal for shared spaces.
Overall Rating: 4.7/5
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X is a standout choice for audiophiles and those seeking an authentic and immersive listening experience. Its exceptional soundstage and natural sound reproduction set it apart.
- Sennheiser HD 600: Known for their neutrality and clarity, the HD 600 headphones are a popular choice among audiophiles.
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro: These open-back headphones offer a balanced sound profile with a slight emphasis on the highs, making them suitable for critical listening.
- AKG K702: Renowned for their precise audio reproduction, the K702 headphones are favored by mixing and mastering engineers.
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X stands as a testament to the brand’s dedication to delivering exceptional audio quality. Whether you’re a discerning audiophile or a professional in the audio industry, these headphones promise an immersive and accurate listening experience.
Q1. Are these headphones suitable for gaming?
Yes, the ATH-AD700X’s wide soundstage and accurate imaging make them an excellent choice for gaming, particularly for genres that benefit from spatial awareness.
Q2. Can the earpads be replaced on the ATH-AD700X?
Yes, the earpads are replaceable, allowing users to maintain the headphones’ comfort and extend their lifespan.
Q3. Do these headphones require an amplifier?
While they can be driven by most devices, using a headphone amplifier can enhance the performance and bring out the best in the ATH-AD700X.