The Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless headphones are known for delivering impressive sound quality with the convenience of wireless connectivity. However, encountering issues with charging can be frustrating. If your Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless won’t charge, there are several potential reasons and solutions to explore. This troubleshooting guide aims to help you identify and resolve the issue.
Check the Charging Cable:
- Ensure that you are using the provided USB charging cable or a compatible cable.
- Inspect the cable for any visible damage, such as frayed wires or bent connectors.
- Try using a different USB cable to eliminate the possibility of a faulty cable.
Inspect the Charging Port:
- Examine the charging port on the Skullcandy Hesh 2 headphones for any debris, lint, or dust. Use a can of compressed air to clean the port gently.
- Avoid using sharp objects that could damage the charging port.
Verify Power Source:
- Connect the charging cable to a known working USB power source, such as a computer USB port, USB wall adapter, or a USB charging hub.
- Test different power sources to rule out issues with the charging outlet.
Attempt a Different Device:
- If possible, try charging the Skullcandy Hesh 2 headphones using a different device, such as a computer or another USB power source.
- This helps determine whether the issue lies with the headphones or the charging source.
Reset the Headphones:
- Perform a reset on the Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless headphones. This is typically done by holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds.
- After the reset, attempt to charge the headphones again.
- If the headphones haven’t been used for an extended period, the battery may be deeply discharged. Leave them connected to a power source for an extended period (several hours) to allow the battery to recover.
- If the battery is old or damaged, it may need replacement. Contact Skullcandy customer support for further assistance.
- Check if there are any available firmware updates for your Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless headphones. Updating the firmware could resolve charging issues.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for firmware updates, typically provided on the official Skullcandy website.
Contact Customer Support:
- If all else fails, reach out to Skullcandy’s customer support for personalized assistance. Provide details about the issue, steps you’ve taken, and the product’s warranty status.
Remember, troubleshooting steps may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless headphones. Always refer to the user manual or the official Skullcandy support resources for model-specific guidance. If the problem persists and the headphones are under warranty, consider reaching out to Skullcandy for further assistance or a possible replacement.
You Might Also Like These: