The Sennheiser PXC 550-II headphones are engineered to provide a premium listening experience combined with cutting-edge noise cancellation technology. With a sleek design and a host of features, they cater to audiophiles and travelers seeking top-tier audio quality and comfort. In this review, we’ll delve into the specifications, pros, cons, and everything you need to know about the PXC 550-II.
- Type: Over-Ear, Closed-Back
- Driver Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 17 Hz to 23,000 Hz
- Bluetooth Version: 5.0
- Battery Life: Up to 20 hours (with ANC on), Up to 30 hours (with ANC off)
- Charging Time: Approx. 3 hours
- Noise Cancellation: Adaptive NoiseGard™ Hybrid
- Supported Codecs: aptX™, aptX™ Low Latency, AAC, SBC
Pros and Cons:
- Exceptional Sound Quality: The PXC 550-II delivers Sennheiser’s signature sound profile, characterized by clear mids, precise highs, and rich bass. Whether you’re listening to music or watching movies, the audio experience is immersive.
- Adaptive Noise Cancellation: The Adaptive NoiseGard™ Hybrid technology adjusts to your environment, effectively reducing ambient noise for an uninterrupted listening session.
- Comfortable for Extended Wear: The plush ear pads and adjustable headband make these headphones comfortable even during long listening sessions. They’re perfect for travel or extended work sessions.
- Intuitive Touch Controls: Controlling your music and calls is effortless with the touch-sensitive ear cups. Adjust volume, skip tracks, and take calls with simple gestures.
- Price: The PXC 550-II is positioned in the premium range of headphones, which may be a significant investment for some buyers.
- Bulky Design for Some: While the over-ear design contributes to comfort, it might feel a bit bulky for users looking for a more compact and lightweight option.
Overall Rating: 4.8/5
- Sony WH-1000XM4: Renowned for their industry-leading noise cancellation and high-resolution audio, the WH-1000XM4 headphones are a strong competitor in the premium headphone market.
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II: Known for their exceptional noise cancellation and comfortable fit, these headphones offer a balanced sound profile suitable for various genres.
- Bowers & Wilkins PX7: With impressive noise cancellation and premium build quality, the PX7 headphones are an excellent choice for audiophiles.
Is Sennheiser PXC 550 waterproof?
The Sennheiser PXC 550 is not marketed or designed as a waterproof or water-resistant headphone. It’s essential to note that electronic devices, especially headphones, can be sensitive to water, and exposing them to moisture may lead to damage.
To get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the waterproof capabilities of the Sennheiser PXC 550 or any other product, I recommend checking the official Sennheiser website or contacting Sennheiser’s customer support directly. Manufacturers may update product specifications, and it’s always best to refer to the latest information from the source.
Are Sennheiser PXC 550 II good for gym?
The Sennheiser PXC 550 II is primarily designed as a pair of noise-canceling headphones suitable for travel and general everyday use. While they offer excellent sound quality and effective noise cancellation, they may not be the best choice for gym workouts. Here are a few reasons why:
- Build and Design: The PXC 550 II is not specifically designed for sports or physical activities. They are more delicate compared to sport-oriented headphones that are sweat-resistant and often more rugged to withstand the rigors of a gym environment.
- Comfort and Fit: The over-ear design might not be ideal for activities that involve a lot of movement, as they may shift or fall off during intense workouts. In the gym, many people prefer in-ear or on-ear headphones that provide a more secure fit.
- Sweat Resistance: The PXC 550 II may not have the level of sweat resistance needed for a gym setting. Excessive sweat can potentially damage the headphones over time.
- Noise Isolation vs. Awareness: While the noise-canceling feature is great for eliminating ambient sounds in a plane or a quiet office, it might not be safe in a gym setting where you want to be aware of your surroundings for safety reasons.
If your primary use is for the gym, you might want to consider headphones specifically designed for sports and workouts. These typically have features such as sweat resistance, a secure fit, and durable build to withstand the conditions of a gym environment.
Does sennheiser pxc 550 wireless pairing on windows 10
Yes, the Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones can be paired with a Windows 10 device. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you with the pairing process:
Turn On the Headphones:
- Ensure that your Sennheiser PXC 550 headphones are turned on. You can do this by sliding the power button to the right and holding it there until you hear the power-on sound.
Enable Bluetooth on Windows 10:
- On your Windows 10 device, go to “Settings” (you can access this by clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left corner and selecting the gear icon) and navigate to “Devices.”
Turn On Bluetooth:
- In the “Devices” settings, make sure Bluetooth is turned on. You can toggle it on by clicking the switch under “Bluetooth & other devices.”
Put Headphones in Pairing Mode:
- Most Bluetooth headphones, including the PXC 550, have a dedicated pairing mode. On the PXC 550, you can activate pairing mode by sliding and holding the power button to the right after turning on the headphones. Release the power button when you see the LED light flashing blue.
Pairing on Windows 10:
- In the “Bluetooth & other devices” settings, click on “Add Bluetooth or other device” and select “Bluetooth.” Windows will start searching for available devices.
Select the PXC 550:
- In the list of available devices, you should see “PXC 550” or a similar identifier for your Sennheiser headphones. Click on it to initiate the pairing process.
Complete the Pairing Process:
- Follow any additional on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process. Once successfully paired, you should see “Connected” next to the PXC 550 in the list of Bluetooth devices.
Your Sennheiser PXC 550 wireless headphones are now paired with your Windows 10 device. You can use them for audio playback, communication, and other Bluetooth-enabled functions on your Windows 10 computer.
How to turn on noise canceling on Sennheiser pxc 550
The Sennheiser PXC 550-II headphones are a testament to Sennheiser’s dedication to delivering uncompromised sound quality and comfort. With top-notch noise cancellation and a host of features, they’re an excellent choice for discerning listeners and frequent travelers.
Q: Can I use the PXC 550-II in wired mode?
A: Yes, the headphones come with a detachable audio cable, allowing you to use them in wired mode if desired.
Q: Is the noise cancellation adjustable?
A: Yes, you can adjust the level of noise cancellation using the Sennheiser Smart Control app, allowing you to customize your listening experience.
Q: Do these headphones support voice assistants?
A: Yes, the PXC 550-II is compatible with voice assistants like Google Assistant and Siri, providing hands-free control.
You Might Also Like These: