The Sennheiser HD 579 headphones are a testament to the brand’s commitment to delivering high-fidelity audio experiences. Designed for audiophiles and music enthusiasts, these open-back headphones promise an immersive soundstage and unparalleled comfort. In this review, we’ll explore the specifications, strengths, potential drawbacks, and provide insights to help you decide if the HD 579 is the right choice for you.
- Type: Over-Ear, Open-Back
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz – 28 kHz
- Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 106 dB SPL/V
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.2%
- Cable Length: 3 meters
- Connector: 6.3mm Jack
- Weight: 270 grams
- Immersive Soundstage: The open-back design provides a wide and natural soundstage, allowing for a more spacious and lifelike listening experience.
- Comfortable for Extended Use: The plush, velour-covered ear pads and lightweight design make these headphones suitable for long listening sessions without causing discomfort.
- High-Fidelity Audio: With a frequency response that extends from 15 Hz to 28 kHz, the HD 579 delivers rich, detailed sound across a wide range of frequencies.
- Versatile Connectivity: The 6.3mm jack allows you to connect to a wide range of audio devices, including amplifiers, receivers, and high-end audio equipment.
- Durable Build: The HD 579 features a robust construction that is built to last, ensuring that these headphones will serve you well for years to come.
- Not Suitable for Noisy Environments: Due to their open-back design, sound leakage is significant, and external noise can interfere with the listening experience.
- Lacks Detachable Cable: Unlike some higher-end models, the HD 579 comes with a fixed cable, which may limit your ability to replace or upgrade it.
Overall Rating: 4.7/5
The Sennheiser HD 579 headphones are an excellent choice for discerning listeners who prioritize audio quality and comfort. Their open-back design provides an immersive listening experience, and the build quality ensures that they’ll be a reliable companion for years.
- Sennheiser HD 599: Offering similar features, the HD 599 provides a slightly more refined sound signature and a premium aesthetic.
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro: Known for their analytical sound, the DT 990 Pro headphones are favored by audio professionals and enthusiasts.
The Sennheiser HD 579 headphones deliver an exceptional audio experience, making them an ideal choice for audiophiles and music lovers. While their open-back design may limit their suitability for noisy environments, their comfort and sound quality more than compensate for this. If you’re seeking a pair of headphones that excel in providing a natural, immersive soundstage, the HD 579 is a superb option.
Q: Can the HD 579 be used with mobile devices?
A: Yes, but they may require a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter to connect to standard headphone jacks found on mobile devices.
Q: Are these headphones suitable for gaming?
A: While they can be used for gaming, specialized gaming headphones may offer features like virtual surround sound that the HD 579 lacks.
Q: Do the ear pads of the HD 579 headphones wear out over time?
A: Like any ear pads, they may experience wear with extended use, but Sennheiser provides replacement pads to ensure continued comfort.
You Might Also Like These: