The Sennheiser HD 559 headphones are a testament to Sennheiser’s commitment to delivering premium audio experiences. With a blend of advanced technology and ergonomic design, these headphones cater to both audiophiles and casual listeners. In this review, we’ll explore the specifications, strengths, and considerations of the HD 559.
- Type: Over-ear, Open-back
- Transducer Principle: Dynamic, open
- Frequency Response: 14 Hz – 26 kHz
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 108 dB (1 kHz/1Vrms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.2%
- Weight: 260g (without cable)
- Cable Length: 3m
- Connector: 6.3mm jack, 3.5mm adapter included
- Immersive Sound: The HD 559 provides a balanced, natural sound profile with deep bass, clear mids, and detailed highs, offering an immersive audio experience.
- Open-back Design: This design allows for a wider soundstage and more natural audio reproduction, making it ideal for critical listening.
- Comfortable Fit: The headphones feature plush velour ear pads and a cushioned headband, ensuring a comfortable fit for extended listening sessions.
- Detachable Cable: The detachable 3-meter cable provides flexibility and makes it easy to replace or upgrade the cable in the future.
- Durable Build: The HD 559 is built with high-quality materials, ensuring longevity and reliability.
- Sound Leakage: Due to the open-back design, sound leakage is inevitable, which may disturb others in a quiet environment.
- Not Suitable for Commuting: The open-back design allows ambient noise to seep in, making it less suitable for noisy environments or commuting.
Overall Rating: 4.7/5
For those considering the Sennheiser HD 559, here are some alternatives to explore:
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X: These headphones offer a similar open-back design and are known for their exceptional audio clarity.
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro: Known for their detailed audio reproduction, these headphones are favored by audiophiles and studio professionals.
The Sennheiser HD 559 excels in delivering a high-fidelity audio experience with a comfortable fit for long listening sessions. While the open-back design may limit its suitability for certain environments, it truly shines in providing an expansive soundstage and natural audio reproduction.
Q: Can the ear pads be replaced?
A: Yes, the ear pads of the HD 559 are replaceable, ensuring that you can enjoy the headphones for years to come.
Q: Are these headphones suitable for gaming?
A: While the HD 559 offers excellent audio quality, they do not have a built-in microphone, which may be a consideration for gamers. A separate microphone would be needed for gaming communication.
Q: Can I use these headphones with my smartphone?
A: Yes, you can use the HD 559 with your smartphone, but you may need a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter, as it comes with a 6.3mm jack.
You Might Also Like These: