When it comes to gaming audio, Sennheiser is a brand known for delivering top-notch quality. Even within a budget-friendly range, Sennheiser manages to maintain its reputation for exceptional sound. In this guide, we’ll delve into the best budget gaming headset by Sennheiser, evaluating its specifications, pros and cons, overall rating, and more.
Sennheiser HD 560 S Gaming Headset
- Type: Over-ear, open-back
- Frequency Response: 6Hz – 38kHz
- Impedance: 120 ohms
- Driver Size: 38mm
- Weight: 240g
- Exceptional audio quality with high-fidelity drivers
- Lightweight and comfortable for extended gaming sessions
- Open-back design provides a spacious soundstage
- Detachable cable for versatility and easy replacement
- Budget-friendly price without compromising on quality
- Requires a powerful audio source for optimal performance
- Not suitable for noisy environments due to open-back design
Overall Rating: 9.3/10
Similar Products: Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X, Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
Audio Quality (9.5/10):
The HD 560 S boasts a wide frequency response range, ensuring accurate and detailed audio reproduction. Whether you’re immersed in the rich landscapes of open-world games or picking up subtle audio cues in competitive play, this headset excels.
Weighing in at just 240g, the HD 560 S is remarkably light, ensuring that it won’t cause discomfort during long gaming sessions. The plush ear pads and adjustable headband further enhance comfort.
Design and Build (9/10):
The open-back design provides an expansive soundstage, creating a more immersive gaming experience. The build quality is solid, though users should be mindful of the exposed drivers due to the open-back design.
The HD 560 S is compatible with a wide range of devices, including PCs, consoles, and mobile devices. Its high impedance of 120 ohms may require a headphone amplifier for optimal performance.
Microphone (Not Applicable):
The HD 560 S is primarily focused on delivering exceptional audio quality and does not come with a built-in microphone. Gamers who require voice chat capabilities will need an external microphone.
The Sennheiser HD 560 S offers an impressive blend of affordability and audio excellence, making it an ideal choice for budget-conscious gamers seeking high-quality sound.
- Can the Sennheiser HD 560 S be used with consoles like PlayStation and Xbox?
- Yes, the HD 560 S is compatible with gaming consoles that have a headphone jack or support audio via USB.
- Does the open-back design impact noise isolation?
- Yes, open-back headphones allow some sound to leak in and out due to their design. They are best suited for quieter environments.
- What additional accessories are included with the Sennheiser HD 560 S?
- The headset comes with a detachable 3m cable terminated with a 6.35mm stereo plug. An adapter for 3.5mm jacks is not included.
You Might Also Like These: